Monday, January 26, 2009

Did you ever break out in a sweat because you realized you did a real hatchet job last year calculating the legal rent for an apartment? And you did such a bad job, it occurs to you that there must be many others that are wrong too!



So I'm sitting with a new guy in the office one day, trying to show him how the Rent Guidelines Board annual rent increase work, when I start discovering all these mistakes. Trying to reassure myself, I start drawing circles that represent previous years, and I'm showing him how the RGB year starts October 1 and not on January 1, and everything gets confused because of that. Then suddenly, the solution to all the confusion hits me like a eureeka moment! It's a chart that makes it impossible to get it wrong, unless you're a certified idiot. If you email me at comprop4@gmail.com I'll send it to you. I can't find any way to attach the chart to this dumb blog. Sorry about that.



Mike G, The RE Gofer

No comments:

Post a Comment